December 2015 Newsletter
Please find an update on Artefact projects, new members, and potential ways to contribute to the administrative side of Artefact………………
1. Ecological Society of Australia conference: Artefact members contributed artwork for the ESA conference in Adelaide. Congratulations to everyone involved. Stay tuned for an overview within the next few weeks
2. A warm welcome to Erin Claydon as a member of the group
3. Creative Sparks Grant: We have decided to hold off from applying for this round of Brisbane Council Creative Sparks Grants. HOWEVER, we are energised to continue developing a group installation in a train or bus station in Brisbane city sometime next year and will be conversing with Artefact members about being involved. We would love to have you onboard in whatever shape fits. Please contact Sofia, Payal and Sarah if you are interested: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Potential tasks for members of the group
Twitter: would anyone be interested in co-ordinating a twitter account for Artefact? If so, please get in touch: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Artefact International facebook page: We are in the process of moving from the closed facebook group to a public facebook group for Artefact: https://www.facebook.com/ groups/artefactconservation
· Please request to become a member via the facebook page if you have yet to do so
· We would love to keep this facebook page active so if anyone comes across interesting news, insights and opportunities related to Art and Conservation, please share them. The page is one means for us to engage with the wider public
· People have begun introducing themselves on the Artefact International facebook page, providing such information as their art-conservation interests and inspirations. Please introduce yourself on the page: It’s exciting to read about!
5. A heads up: We are proposing a Brisbane gathering for lunch on Saturday the 13th of February. It will be an opportunity to reacquaint with one another and brainstorm ideas for Artefact projects. Artefact members in alternate locations are welcome to hold their own too and we can find a means to merge project ideas along the way
Enjoy the summer break!